I get asked all sorts of questions. Most people when they consider using a personal trainer expect that it will be like a military training system. What I offer couldn't be further from that, but to help you to achieve your goals, I am here to help and encourage.
How do I contact you?
What should I expect from a personal trainer?
- Initially, a personal trainer should undertake a medical and health screening, and discuss with you what you are wanting to achieve. A good personal trainer should listen to what your goals are, what you enjoy/don't enjoy, and take into account your timeframes, budget etc. Also you should feel that you are able to ask questions about what you are doing and why. It is important that you like your personal trainer, and have some respect for them - otherwise you are not going to be motivated or work hard.
Why is weight training so important for me?
- Weight training builds muscle, and muscle burns energy. Therefore the more muscle you have in your body the more energy you are burning at any point in time. That's the simple explanation for doing resistance training for weight loss purposes. But obviously there are many other reasons for doing weight training, including building strength, muscle tone, and improving posture.
How often do I need to exercise?
- This obviously depends on what your goals are, and what your other 'incidental' activity is. Ideally we should be doing something every day, unless you are doing a lot of very intense exercise, in which case you need a rest day. However for most of us some exercise, or good activity, should be done every day. Make sure you have a variety of exercise (eg. cardio, weights).
Who does Pulse Personal Training train?
- Pulse is available to train anyone - any age, any fitness level. I have a wide range of clients, from those wanting to lose a small amount of weight, to those wanting to lose a greater amount, to people who want to increase their fitness and strength, and women wanting to look great for their wedding day.
Is there a magical way to lose weight?
- No there isn't, however with some willpower, dedication, and setting of goals, it doesn't have to be that difficult. Working with a personal trainer will make it that much easier, and your trainer will ensure you are losing weight in the most effective and efficient way.
I have lost some weight but now seem to have plateaued - what can I do?
- Our bodies are very good at adapting, and therefore it is important you regularly change your exercise routine. If you find you have plateaued, think about a new exercise or sport, or changing your weight routine. Consider your eating also - when you lose weight you won't need as many calories, so therefore you may need to re-assess your food intake.